Yeysk is a port and a resort town in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, situated on the shore of the Taganrog Gulf of the Sea of Azov. The town is built primarily on the Yeya Spit, which separates the Yeya River from the Sea of Azov. Tsutsiev's Atlas
shows a Yeyskoye at the head of the Yeya bay for 1763-1785 and a Yeysk
somewhat south of the present location from 1829-1839.
The town was
founded in 1848 by Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov in accordance with a royal order from the Tsar of Russia.Yeysk is known for its mineral waters and its medicinal mud baths. This mud is brought from the neighboring Lake Khanskoye. The town has a number of parks, a sanatorium,
several recreation centers, hotels, and beaches. The bathing season
lasts from May until September.
Yeysk offers a variety of attractions,
restaurants, open-air cafes, clubs, bars, and night clubs.
The most popular resort area in Yeysk is Dolgaya Spit, near the village of Dolzhanskaya.